Whether you pair it with grilled cheese or you just need to warm yourself up on a cold day, this soup is for you.
This recipe is a feel good combination of fresh tomatoes, parmesan cheese, fresh basic and a bit of cream. This recipe freezes perfectly and is so versatile. My family is constantly asking me to make them this soup and I am always happy to oblige because it truly is quite simple.
- 1 Litre of Chicken or Vegitable Stock
- 2 Cans of San Marzano Tomatoes or Alternatively you can use Fresh Plum Tomatoes
- 1 Cup of Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup of Fresh Basil
- 3 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 White Onion
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Dice Your White Onion into Small Pieces
- Grate or crush your Garlic Cloves
- Chop up the Fresh Basil
- In a sauce pan heat up Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Add Garlic and Onions and stir until translucent.
- Add tomatoes and bring to a boil
- Lower to medium heat and keep at a simmer
- Add your chicken or vegetable stock and keep simmering
- Add whipping cream and stir
- Add fresh basil and serve
Tips for this Tomato Soup Recipe:
The longer it simmers the more flavourful it will become.
Goes great with noodles, grilled cheese or gnocchi